If you have a background in the SEO techniques, then you might be well aware of what negative SEO is. The negative optimization practices were present ever since optimization started. Many find these negative techniques attractive as they can bring fast results. However, faster results will be brought at the cost of your reputation. This is what many people forget.
If you want to prevent from negative SEO then the very first thing you need to do is recognize it when you see it to make it stop. There are plenty of sites that can offer you the option to sign up and get emails informing you about the SEO efforts. If you have published anything negative on your site then you will receive an email notification regarding it too. You will immediately get to know about the negative content and hence you can take corrective measures accordingly.
Many of the rival websites even spam your site by indulging in unfair practices in order to improve their ranking. Whether you are using black hat SEO or white hat SEO, over optimization can never be good in any case.
Tips to prevent from Negative SEO
Take a look of some of tips to prevent negative SEO:
- Use keywords sensibly. Do not over stuff the keywords. If too many keywords are used then this can downgrade your site’s image and the search engines might also decrease your ranking.
- If you are new and you do not know much about optimization then it is better that you hire a legitimate SEO consulting service to help you increasing the Search Engine ranking. Ask the company to use white hat techniques because search engines are really efficient at detecting the malpractices.
- Do not buy the links for creating inbound links. If you have hired an SEO consulting service, make sure it is not used forcing links. They are the reputation killers indeed.
- Don’t commit the mistake of having two separate URLs for your home page. It can negatively influence your site’s reputation and visitors might also get confused because of two URLs.
- Last but not the least, you need to be patient. Improving the rank of a site is time taking job indeed. So patience is necessary to get fruitful results.
Keep an eye on the activities of your competitors and make sure they are not harming the reputation of your website. It has been found that many of the competitors get into negative optimization to harm their rivals.